Everton are interested in signing Jamie Vardy from Leicester City in the summer transfer window, according to . The report has claimed that the Toffees are on the hunt for a new striker and have identified Vardy as a potential target.
Vardy is under contract at Leicester until the summer of 2024. The Foxes will play in the Championship next season after getting relegated from the Premier League at the end of last campaign. Leicester have reportedly told Vardy that he can leave the King Power Stadium this summer.
Leicester, though, would be looking for a small fee for Vardy this summer. Everton wanted to sign the veteran striker in January 2022 and have reignited their interest in the 36-year-old. The striker made 19 starts and 18 substitute appearances in the Premier Le…
Toby Alderweireld has signed a new deal with Tottenham until 2023 to end prolonged speculation over his future, the Premier League club have confirmed.
Centre-back Alderweireld was into the final six months of his previous terms and had been tipped to leave at the end of the season.
However, the Belgium international, who joined Spurs from Atletico Madrid in 2015, has now put pen to paper on a fresh contract, in a huge boost to recently appointed head coach Jose Mourinho.
Alderweireld played in 50 of Tottenham s 58 matches last season, including 12 out of 13 games in their run to the Champions League final.
He has also been a mainstay in the backline this term, starting 16 out of 17 Premier League fixtures.
…
The most extraordinary result of the Premier League this season arguably came at the end of October when Leicester recorded a 9-0 mauling of Southampton at St Marys. On Saturday in the reverse fixture, Southampton regained a bit of pride, as Ralph Hasenhuttl’s team recorded an excellent 2-1 win at the King Power Stadium. It was no fluke either, as the Saints were by far the better team.
A big turnaround
The weekend victory against the Foxes means that Southampton are now unbeaten in five league games, having recorded four wins in the process. Incredibly, the team from the south coast are now just four points off the top-six in the Premier League table.
The Saints turnaround in recent weeks has been immense. Instead of looking nervously over their shoulders, they are …
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata says that if Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is calling him, he will only be getting his old phone.
Morata has been heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season as he struggles to establish himself as a first-team regular at Santiago Bernabeu.
But the striker, who became the first Spanish player to score a hat-trick for Madrid in eight years with his treble in Wednesday s 4-2 LaLiga win at Leganes, insists he is only focused on the 2016-17 season.
Morata stressed he has not heard about reported interest from Chelsea and will not allow himself to get distracted ahead of a key period of matches against the likes of Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.
If Conte is continuing to call me then …
Georginio Wijnaldum scored a hat-trick as Netherlands bounced back from a disappointing draw with Northern Ireland by beating Estonia 5-0 in Amsterdam.
The goalless draw in Belfast three days earlier allowed Germany to leapfrog Netherlands into top spot in Euro 2020 qualifying group C, and while the win over Estonia did not return Ronald Koeman s side to the summit it did help restore some pride.
Wijnaldum notched either side of an effort from Nathan Ake and completed his treble with a superb solo effort, before Myron Boadu scored his first senior international goal to complete the rout.
With Estonia certain to finish bottom of the group and the hosts already sure of their place at Euro 2020 this was never going to be a classic, but Koeman made seven changes to h…
“I have a feeling, and maybe a little more, that Mourinho will be on the Real Madrid bench next season”.
Those are the words of Real Madrid’s former president, who revealed on social media that he believes Jose Mourinho could return to the Bernabeu next season. The 56 year old boss is currently waiting for his route back into the beautiful game, after leaving Manchester United last year. His two year tenure at Old Trafford didn’t exactly go how many had hoped, despite still winning a few trophies with the club.
The man formerly known as The Special One spent three years with Real Madrid between the years of 2010 and 2013, although his relationship with the club seemed to deteriorate towards the end of his time there.
The belief is that Real will move on …
According to a recent report from Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus have opened contract talks with forward Paulo Dybala. This comes on the heels of them attempting to sell the Argentine star earlier on this summer, when it seemed as if he was just one or two positive meetings away from agreeing terms with a club.
In the end he wound up rejecting moves from two Premier League clubs in the form of Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, both of whom weren’t exactly shy about their desire to make a deal become a reality. The two top four contenders are both in the market for bigger names to try and give their respective squads a much needed boost, and Dybala is the sort of proven goalscoring talent that is always coming to come up big in the big games.
There’s …
Celtic have won the Scottish Premiership title for an eighth consecutive season after defeating Aberdeen on Saturday.
Leading rivals Rangers by nine points with three games to play, Neil Lennon s team needed a point at Pittodrie to be crowned champions and move within one title of the nine-in-a-row record, which both Glasgow rivals have achieved once.
And they did more than what was required by claiming a 3-0 victory, courtesy of Mikael Lustig s header, another aerial effort from Jozo Simunovic and Odsonne Edouard s impressive late finish.
This season saw Brendan Rodgers leave Celtic for Leicester City in February, with Lennon returning as interim manager to see out the campaign, having previously led the club between 2010 and 2014, winning three titles.
…
Kylian Mbappe is still in talks with Paris Saint-Germain over a contract extension, according to the Real Madrid target s mother Fayza Lamari.
France international Mbappe revealed earlier this week he asked to leave PSG in July after deciding he did not want to extend his stay at the Parc des Princes.
The 22-year-old is due to become a free agent at the end of the 2021-22 campaign and can sign a pre-contract agreement with a new club from January 1.
However, Mbappe s mother has suggested there is still a chance the superstar forward could remain a PSG player beyond next year.
We are talking right now with PSG and all is well, Lamari told Le Parisien.
I spoke last night with [PSG sporting director] Leonardo. Will we reach a solution? One thing is…
Ferran Torres scored a hat-trick as Spain secured a place at next year s Nations League Finals with a 6-0 demolition of Germany on Tuesday.
Alvaro Morata, Rodri and Mikel Oyarzabal were also on the scoresheet in Seville as Joachim Low suffered the heaviest loss of his 14 years in charge.
Germany needed only a point to secure top spot in Group A4 but found themselves 3-0 down by half-time, Spain delivering their best performance under Luis Enrique despite losing Sergio Ramos and Sergio Canales to hamstring problems.
Manchester City s Torres added two more after the break before substitute Oyarzabal piled further pressure on Low, whose position will look increasingly perilous following this chastening defeat.
Una noche histórica que hará crec…